Thursday, November 16, 2006

feed

OK, so Greg was right and I should have started the book this weekend, because of course you can't skim a good book of fiction and you always want to know what happens in the end. So, now it's two in the morning, I finished the book, and I have to say something about it. In the spirit of the book I just finished--Feed, by MT Anderson--I'll write things in one sentence stories, or as wikipedia might say, "stubs."
  • The names are great; I love the mix between weirdly old names like Titus and Violet and Calista and weirdly new names like Loga and Quendy.
  • Why is it that the weirdos in high school are always sortof right, but they're so uncool that they give "right" a bad name? I used to make fun of the computer dorks and insist I never would really have to learn to type.
  • Anderson gets slang just right. I meg loved "prong."
  • Lesions. ew. I really hope the world isn't actually coming to this.
  • the feed? I can totally see it happening. Maybe the equivalent of Web 10.0?
  • Violet was a little pretentious. But since we're all retro like her, we can love her.
  • Unit! Titus is a jerk. I don't think he redeems himself ever, and perhaps this is some global way of saying, "ladies, in the future, you're still better than the boys." Except for the weird elective lesioning thing.
  • I wonder what Anderson thinks of plastic surgery? OK, no I don't.
Time for bed. It was a great book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home